These are the perfect little snack, vegetarian, with a cheesy surprise in the centre. Try it!
Pair with a vibrant and fruity white that will support the potatoes instead of over powering it. Cotes du Rhone Blanc – Meffre Saint Vincent $16.99 at BC Liquor Stores.
1 cup grated cheese mozzarella / cheddar
¼ cup sweet corn fresh / frozen
1-2 potatos boiled, pealed, mashed
1 tsp corn flour
½ tsp chaat masala
½ tsp pepper crushed
salt to taste
½ cup corn flour
3 tbsp maida / all-purpose flour / plain flour
1 cup bread crumbs / panko bread crumbs
- in a large mixing bowl, combine sweet corn, shredded cheese, and potatoes, chaat masala, crushed pepper and salt. Add corn flour – this helps to bind ingredients together and remove extra moisture.
- Mix to form a dough. If it’s watery, add more corn flour 1tsp at a time.
- Grease your hands with oil and prepare small balls.
- Roll balls in corn flour to coat.
- Prepare a maida flour paste by missing with ¼ cup water. Dip balls into paste and roll in bread crumbs.
- Freeze for 30 minutes, then deep fry in hot oil until gold brown. Or for healthier alternative, bake for 15 minutes at 350F or until golden brown.